Today's pic

Today's pic
My Grad.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

How "hot" you are?

You know, "hot food" in Japanese and "hot food" in Thai is different. In Japan, there are several hot and spicy food that you can have. For example

Indian Curry
Korean Kimchi
Chinese Tan-tan noodle

These are very common "hot food" for them. For us (Thai people), it is only for children to eat. I was trying to figured out what is really Japanese "hot", I got wasabi and it is still hot for Thai to have. Hot food from all over the world hurt your mouth in different place. From my experience, I got ...

Indian curry, it hurts my inner palete.
Wasabi, my nose and all nasal route.
Thai chili, really hurts my tongue
Kimchi, it goes all over my mouth. I don't feel any deliciousness from Kimchi (may be I don't like salty+hot combination)

Why Thais are having hot food?
Ans: I think that we are living in hot (actually, very very hot) climate. All fresh food such as meat or fish can not stay fresh as it like in the fridge. It may got smell, or get spoiled very easily. To fix this prob., it is reasonable to use herbs and chili to make all smell gone and to make your stomach stronger in an indirect way.

Hardly to believe, but it's true. Some western people or Japanese may get diarrhea easily. Because the food they are having in their country are very fresh and germs free (of course, they are 1st and 2nd world country, we are 3rd).

In sum, I think that we have to choose what to eat (in order not to get sick) but in Japan, everything are eatable. And "eatable" doesn't mean it "delicious" .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh! ...from the picture, it should be terribly cold and windy indeed na nia.