Today's pic

Today's pic
My Grad.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Japanese Insurance

Hell yeah !! let's change from the calm and relax post to more "serious" talk. Well, this is my PURE opinion and I don't mean to offense anyone of you.

"Who will pay for you when you were sick??", yes seriously. For example, kids will get paid by their parent. Adults pay by themselves. What about elderlies? If they don't have any help from their children, the only source they can rely on is nothing but health insurance I guess.

It is very clear that the "health service" in each country are different. In Japan, as I wrote, you have to pay around 900 - 3000 yen (depends on your income status) in order to join the health insurance system. (It is said that) The system will cover 80% of fees and charges at clinic and hospital you visit and most of the people are using this system (so the government can get really huge amount of money each month, I guess). The people who enjoy most profit are, of course, oldies. Because they can not work, they pay less insurance charge, and they get into the hospital often.

Recently in Japan, there is a problem on delivering the new "Health Insurance Card " to some people occurred. And some can not use their right at any health service. There are a group who considered that the new system is designed to abandon the elderlies (Right, the most unprofitable). It ends up with old people demo in front of the government building !! can you believe this !!

Japanese media (I would like to call them BASTARDs !!) are beginning to load all protesters "clips" to provoke people. The word like "This means you'd like us to die quickly" come up many time as I can see on TV. In my opinion, it might be that the natural of Japanese is that they think more than they talk. So the word that come out from their mouth is considerably "very concentrated" and might lead to the other implications.

From this point of view, it let me think about Japanese society at the whole (compare to Thailand). Japanese men are working hard, always back home at 9 pm or later. Women's duty is to take care of the house, cleaning, raising children. I think they are probably very busy as they do not have much time to look back their own family. What about their parents?? Unfortunately they have to take care themselves!!

Around Tokyo, I can see oldsters walking around or even working. They have to take care themselves for the most of time. Oh .. and don't think that they die fast, Japanese have the longest average life expectancy in the world. In smaller picture, youngsters work, pay tax but oldies have their pension, as they work hard through out their life. Some might consider that old people are cheating on worker ages. But just think about this, Japanese who is in their 60 - 80s lived the hardest condition in the post-war era and you can see how Japan develop revive from ashes. They might indeed have to rest.

If I were a young Japanese boy, I would be very confusing with such kind of problem like this. The main reason is that "I can not feel what those old chaps are feeling". They lived in pain but ... is there something to do about me?? This might answer the question why Japanese kids hate their parent very easily. They don't have time to take care of anything!! just work and sleep like machines!!

I don't know how to give the right solution for this. The fist thing that came up in my mind was "okay people ... just stop working too much ... give more time to your family and parents". In Thailand, work end at 6 pm and that's it. You can get back, have a nice meal with your children and have a good talk.

I have very negative feeling about Japanese family, I think work and stress are ruining their family relationship. What do you think? please leave me some comment.

No comments: